Hezbollah deputy leader: Israel has been deterred since 2006
Hezbollah’s deputy secretary-general rules out Israel starting a war against Lebanon, does not comment on Operation Northern Shield.
Hezbollah’s deputy secretary-general, Naim Qassem, claimed on Saturday that Israel has been deterred since 2006 and that war against Lebanon is out of the question as far as the Jewish state is concerned.
“It is not possible for the Zionist enemy to carry out military action against Lebanon because since 2006 it has been deterred by the ability of the Islamic resistance in Lebanon,” Qassem told the Iranian newspaper Al-Vefagh.
Qassem also claimed that there is not one point in Israel that is not exposed to the missiles of his organization. However, he did not specifically respond to the IDF’s Operation Northern Shield, which was launched to destroy the terrorist tunnels dug by Hezbollah.
The IDF launched Operation Northern Shield last week in order to dismantle terrorist tunnels dug by Hezbollah from Lebanon into Israeli territory.
On Saturday, the IDF located a second Hezbollah terror tunnel on the Lebanese border. The IDF said the tunnel was not yet operational and does not pose an imminent threat to the surrounding Israeli communities.